Monday, August 22, 2011

6. Cooking, Events, Writing....


Dear Baby,

We made the appointment baby, the appointment that will help us figure out a timeline for your creation. I’m excited and a little afraid. We have less than 2 weeks.

What else is new? I am getting more comfortable in the kitchen. I have made refried beans, English pasties, and lasagna…. Add that to my chicken recipes and I feel pretty domestic goddess like nowadays!



Daddy loved my lasagna. He said "Damn, honey, this is good!" Hee! It made me so happy. I love making lasagna, I anticipate many many more in our future.

speaking of him, yesterday Daddy and I spend the whole day together. We had coffee, we watched TV, we relaxed… It was lovely. He is such a great partner!

Oh yes, the Open Mic night went off with only one little hitch (a few people left during intermission). I am glad to know my event coordination skills haven’t rusted completely away. I’m glad. Now I get to start planning the Health Awareness Day for September at the center. I am really excited.

After the Open Mic event, Daddy and I hung out with our friend Keith and talked into the night. We talked about food, about how we were raised, about all sorts of odds and ends. It was so very relaxing.

The whole point of the evening was to celebrate the anthology Our Stories, Voices of the LGBT+ Anthology. I wonder if you will like to write as I do, little one. I wonder what your experience will be.

Grandma and Grandpa Lee were in Bend Oregon this weekend. They are retirement shopping. I hope they are still local when you are little, I want you to have lots of memories of them.

I am tired baby, my article for tomorrow was one of the hardest I have had to write. It was all about free speech and limits to free speech and the responsibilities of the influential and powerful to use their speech for good… I wonder if there will be any backlash for the article.

I need to get ready for bed, clean sheets and a new book await me… One Hundred Years of Solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment