Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11-12





Today was 9-11.

It's weird to think that an event that was such a huge deal for me, I was 20 when the towers fell, will be like ancient history for you. I wonder what sort of huge moments in history my mother watched roll by before I was born that feel beyond distant to me now.

In more happy news...

Today was also the day I had my 38 week check up. I was told that I was 2 cm dilated and 65% effaced…. Dr Royle also “swirled” the membrane which has been known to release a hormone that starts labor.

My due date is on the 21st. So, just over a week away, but Dr Royle seemed to think that I would have you before then.

I'm not sure if he was telling me what he thought I wanted to hear or if I might be posting baby pics soon... but either way, the bit of dilation and effacement are good signs.

It's finally starting to happen!

In order to not come home and star at each other, Daddy and I went out and had some Chinese food and watched The Avengers. As a distraction technique, it totally worked.... except when you would move and I would wonder,... hope... feel that thrill of possibility...

/My fortune cookie told me to think positive! 



No comments:

Post a Comment